Affiliated Society: European Society for Biomaterials
Country of Residence: France
Current Position: Professor
Véronique Migonney received an Engineer Diploma in Materials Sciences (1981), a Master in Biomedical and Biomaterials Engineering (1982) and a PhD (1986) in Chemistry (Doctorat d’Etat Es Sciences Physiques spécialité Chimie – supervisor M. Jozefowicz) from University Paris 13th.
Véronique Migonney is the director of the laboratory CSPBAT UMR 7244 CNRS UP13 since 2009.
She heads the Master of Chemistry and Health Engineering since 2004.
Véronique Migonney is Fellow of the International College of Fellows in Biomaterials Science and Engineering for her contribution to the functionalization of biomaterials surfaces.
She was president of the French Society for Biomedical Engineering 2011-2013 and she is vice-president of the AGBM (Alliance pour le Génie Biologique et Médical).
Her expertise is focused on biomaterials science: she is working for > 35 years in the field of bioactive polymers synthesis and grafting to functionalize biomaterials surfaces with the aim of controlling the host response.
Areas of research interest:
- Chemistry of Biomaterials
- Synthesis of bioactive polymers and copolymers – radical polymerization (random and RAFT)
- Functionalization of polymeric and metallic surfaces by polymer grafting techniques : grafting “from” and grafting “onto”
- Elaboration of Bioactive surfaces able to control the host response – proteins, cell and bacteria
- Bioactive implants and prostheses for orthopedic applications – ACL, THP, scaffold for cartilage tissue engineering, biodegradable ACL