Affiliated Society: Korean Society for Biomaterials
Country of Residence: Rep. of Korea
Current Position: Professor
- Ph. D., Materials Science and Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan (1988).
- M.S., Materials Science and Engineering, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida (1983).
- B.S., Ceramic Engineering, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea (1975).
- Professor, Advanced Materials Engineering, Sejong University (2003 -present)
- Senior and Principal Research Scientist, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (1994-2003).
- Research Scientist, Oak Ridge National Lab (1989-1990).
- Fellow, Biomaterials Science and Engineering, FBSE
- Member, American Ceramic Society.
Areas of research interest:
- Directly Machinable Fully-Sintered CAD/CAM Zirconia Blocks for Dental Restorations
Degradation-free One-Body Zirconia Dental Implants
Chitosan/Hydroxyapatite Nano-composites for Bone Substitutes
Processing of Nano-sized Hydroxyapatite Powders