Affiliated Society: European Society for Biomaterials
Country of Residence: United States
Current Position: Research Scholar
Training and Positions
- 2016 June – Research Scholar at the New Jersey Center for Biomaterials, Piscataway NJ, USA.
- 2012 Consultant in Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery, Gemelli Hospital, Catholic University, Rome, Italy.
- 2011 Director of the Post-Doc Course on “Experimental Surgery by Artificial Nerve Guides”
- 2007 Scientific Coordinator of Post-Doc Course in Orthopaedics and Traumatology of the Hand
- 2006 Aggregate Professor in Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery
- 2002 Consultant in Orthopedic and Hand Surgery, Columbus Complex, Catholic University, Rome, Italy.
- 1995 Consultant in Orthopedic Surgery, Gemelli Hospital, Catholic University, Rome, Italy.
Honors and Awards
- 2016- Clinical Editor of the Journal of Materials Science Materials in Medicine (Springer/Nature)
- 2012- FBSE Fellow in Biomaterials Science and Engineering from the IUSBSE International Union of Societies for Biomaterials Science and Engineering
- 2010- Active Member of the ASPN American Society for Peripheral Nerve
- 2001- Treasurer and Membership Secretary ESB European Society for Biomaterials
- 1997- Treasurer SIB (Italian Society for Biomaterials)
- 1994- Founding member of the IRSSD International Research Society for Spinal Deformities
Areas of research interest:
I started working in Orthopedic Research since the early years of the Medical School. I was involved in several research projects which were always characterized by a focus on possible clinical translation. My major interests are in Bone-Biomaterials interface; Bone-implants biomechanics; Bone and Peripheral nerve regeneration; fundamental structure and function of Peripheral Nerve.
Orthopaedic Biomaterials, Polymers, Tissue Engineering, Ceramics, Engineering Cells and Their Microenvironments, Implant Pathology